Thursday, June 02, 2005

THE LAST WORD ON MARK FELT

I thought this is a pretty fair summation of "Deep Throat." I especially liked this:

In this environment, do the liberals really want to celebrate a man whose career was built in the shadow of J. Edgar Hoover? A man who took the opportunity to use confidential law enforcement data to get revenge on an elected official by whom he felt slighted?

I don’t think there will be many statues of Mark Felt. Once they get over their nostalgia bash, I think the liberals are going to sober up and realize that they tactics they now celebrate could be used against them. At least I hope so.

This whole thing is especially slimy when you hear the reports coming out now that the decision to fess up now is being driven by financial considerations -- Felt needs money for his family so he's apparently offering up his story to the highest bidder. I can see it now -- a remake of All The President's Men, but focusing on the role of Felt.

At the end of the day, no one really likes a snitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home