Friday, April 22, 2005

I CONTINUE TO BE UNSURPRISED

I have fond memories of traveling to Little Rock in the early 1980's. I was calling on investment bankers (yes, in Little Rock). What I found, to my surprise, was that they were far less scrupulous than any New York investment banker. I know that may be a rather "left-handed" compliment, but it was true. Sleazy!

So >> fast forward >> in the early 1990's, when the Clintons came to Washington I was suitably cynical about their ethics. Eight years in the White House proved my cynicism to be less, well, cynical.

So >> fast forward >> in 2005, I almost don't consider this to be news. And niether, apparently, does the New York Times, who ran with this article that links one of the bad boys to Ted Kennedy, but only barely to the Clintons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home