Tuesday, November 02, 2004

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

Yep, I'm wearing the "I Voted Today" sticker. First time I've had the opportunity to vote in Ohio and the first time I've used the dreaded, much-maligned "punch card" system that was a huge story in Florida in 2000. I guess Floridians must not be able to figure it out -- Ohioans still use punch cards and nobody complains. It's quite easy and, yes, I left no hanging or dimpled chads.

But, for what it's worth, the story in the Cleveland area this morning is how crowded the polling places are compared to prior years. At my polling place, I was in line at 7.05AM and it took about 10 minutes to wait, sign in and vote. Everyone in line was saying there had never, ever been a line before. People I work with reported lines up to 45 minutes and callers into drive-time radio shows said some polling places were chaotic.

Is this good news? It depends who wins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home