Thursday, May 20, 2004

SORRY, BUT THEY'RE IDIOTS

I know I should be more sympathetic and forgiving, but I'm beginning to get a bit pissed at some of the "9/11" families who are now playing off public sympathy to push their political agenda.

Yes, it was the most brutal day in my lifetime. We all died when the twin towers collapsed. When it happened, I told friends of mine "20,000 people just died." It was truly a miracle that it was less than 3,000.

On that day, our President wasn't the first to step forth -- Rudy Giuliani did. He became a national hero that day as he stood in front of the cameras and made everyone feel like at least someone was in charge.

Yesterday, Rudy was heckled by families who are no doubt still feeling the pain of loss of their loved ones, friends and co-workers. Their actions do nothing to bring closure. Their actions are not constructive. I'm sorry if this sounds callous, but they're idiots.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home