Thursday, April 22, 2004

BLOG LITE ON TODAY

Busy day, but this one hit me between the eyes.

A reporter interviews four young Muslims in the UK and gets quotes like these:

"As far as I'm concerned, when they bomb London, the bigger the better," says Abdul Haq, the social worker. "I know it's going to happen because Sheikh bin Laden said so. Like Bali, like Turkey, like Madrid - I pray for it, I look forward to the day."

"When I watched those planes go into the Twin Towers, I felt elated," he says. "That magnificent action split the world into two camps: you were either with Islam and al Qaeda, or with the enemy. I decided to quit my job and commit myself full-time to al-Muhajiroun." Now he does not consider himself British. "I am a Muslim living in Britain, and I give my allegiance only to Allah."


Chilling. Scary. And I'd bet you could find four young Muslims here in the US who would read this and agree.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home