Wednesday, August 27, 2003

MAYBE I SHOULDN'T BE UNCONCERNED ABOUT FLYING

Since 9/11, I suppose I've flown more than the average American. Or said another way, I haven't flown less than before 9/11, so that means I fly a lot. And I've been out of the country a few times and have taken a number of cross-country flights, all prime targets for whackos. But I still view it as a "lottery" situation -- less likely to be hijacked than being run over by a bus when I go to lunch this afternoon.

But maybe I should be concerned. I don't know. When I read an article like this, I begin to wonder whether we're serious about this issue or whether we're more concerned about ruffling a few feathers.

I did notice that on the last international flight I took, the airport security folks in Canada "randomly selected" a nun for "full body search". Made me feel really safe.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home