Friday, July 18, 2003

TONY BLAIR SUMS IT UP IN ONE PARAGRAPH

I didn't see it live (or on Memorex), but I have read Tony Blair's speech of yesterday to a joint session of Congress.

Best speech I've read in a long time. As my father might've said, "that boy can talk."

The paragraph that sums it up:

Can we be sure that terrorism and weapons of mass destruction will join together? Let us say one thing: If we are wrong, we will have destroyed a threat that, at its least, is responsible for inhuman carnage and suffering. That is something I am confident history will forgive. But if our critics are wrong, if we are right, as I believe with every fiber of instinct and conviction I have that we are, and we do not act, then we will have hesitated in the face of this menace when we should have given leadership.

It's a superb answer to the bleats and wails of those who are still arguing about whether we should've taken out Saddam. It's done. It's over. Get used to it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home