Friday, June 27, 2003

HMM -- WHAT TO SAY? IF I WERE A JUNKIE, I WOULDN'T GO THERE

In Vancouver, BC, the provincial government is setting up a "shooting gallery". Drug addicts will be able to enter the "12-seat facility" where they can shoot up under medical supervision (free needles) and then adjourn to a "chill out" room. Doesn't say what they'll do there, or whether music will be piped in or, if so, what kind. I'd opt for Wagner's Valkyrie or maybe just a continuous loop of Disney's It's A Small World, just to scare the bejeesus out of 'em.

I don't know. I'm assuming that most junkies, fairly high up there on the paranoiac scale, might feel a little inhibited about going into a place that looks like a health clinic. Also, a junkie without drugs might be motivated to mug folks headed in to the clinic to get their drugs.

I could be wrong.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home